Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Will I Get There?

The 7th Semester is slowly drawing to a close with just one exam left. Normally, on all other occasions my mind would have been carefree and I would have waited for the exams to end. But this time, it’s not going to be the same. The reason is simple – I am about to finish my graduation and what worries me the most is the prospect of a job in a Dream Company.
Recently there has been a splurge in job offers made all over India by leading IT companies in reputed technical institutions. 90% students from all that appeared were offered a job while there is yet one to visit my college. If I look at the trends of the past few years, then I shouldn’t be optimistic at all since the Placement Department failed miserably.
Thinking that this year, it won’t be any different, I registered my profile in leading JOB PORTALS like naukri.com, monster.com, timesjobs.com. There were a host of companies that claimed to be the leading ones. On googling their name it was found that they don’t even carry a website to their name. At last, I came across one that looked a bit promising and not fake. I submitted my resume and on the very next day a phone interview was called for. Initially, a bit taken aback, I replied to their couple-of-questions and was selected. Next I was to appear for an online written test. I sent them a DD of 350\- and appeared for the test. Though I cleared in C and Communicative English, I missed out on the C++ test. I mailed them and as expected I was not selected.
But, there was a sweet surprise that was yet to come. I heard that Infosys is to go for an on-campus drive in my college. Sweet and taken aback, I started my preparations. There’s so much to do but exams are a curse to my preparations.
Day and night I am thinking about Infosys. I can see everything before my eyes – the written exam, the HR interview, my getting selected, seeing my name on the white paper...
What is going to happen? Will I make it? Or will I fail to crack it? 19th January, 2011 – will it be the best moment of my life? Or will it be another dark day, which I would want to forget?
Only time will answer to these questions. Till then... keeping my fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment